The Local Wisdom project will be in Melbourne, Australia this Saturday, 23 March 2013 to gather more tales and images of the creative and ingenious practices associated with using garments.
This will be the final shoot of a year of touring that has included Kolding, San Francisco, London, Vancouver, New York City and Wellington, New Zealand.
Come and share you insights with us!
We’ll be at the Melbourne GPO
350 Bourke Street
11am until 4pm.
What should you bring to be photographed?
Perhaps you have a garment that is…
• Is easily repairable
• Is worn regularly and has never been washed (and isn’t leather!)• Is enjoying a third, fourth or fifth life
• Surprises you each time you wear it
• Shows or tells the story of how it’s been used
• Is worn in ways that defy the producer’s values
• Is adapted over and again in order to meet changing needs
• Has interchangeable parts that can be worn in different ways
• Is shared between people
• Connects you to others
• Is worn in response to changing economic and environmental concerns
• Is made up of interchangeable pieces that can be worn in different ways
Images from the recent photoshoot in Vancouver...
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org