Announcing the next Local Wisdom event dates in early 2013. In January and March we will be gathering stories and images in Vancouver, New York, Wellington, NZ and Melbourne.
If you live in any of these cities, save the date to come along and share with us how you use clothes and get your portait taken in your piece, helping us to build new knowledge and behaviours of sustainability in fashion from a different starting point!
Vancouver, Canada - 19th January - details here
New York, USA - 26th January -details here
Wellington, New Zealand - 16th March -details here
Melbourne, Australia - 23rd March -details here
Details of timings and location to be announced.
What kind of clothes are we looking for? Perhaps your garment…
• Is easily repairable
• Is worn regularly and has never been washed (and isn’t leather!)
• Is enjoying a third, fourth or fifth life
• Surprises you each time you wear it
• Shows or tells the story of how it’s been used
• Is worn in ways that defy the producer’s values
• Is adapted over and again in order to meet changing needs
• Has interchangeable parts that can be worn in different ways
• Is shared between people
• Connects you to others
• Is worn in response to changing economic and environmental concerns
• Is made up of interchangeable pieces that can be worn in different ways